Military Friendly MBA
Texas A&M's MBA Program was ranked in the top 10 MBA schools most often attended by graduates of Service Academies according to a 360 Mentors study conducted by militarymba.net.
According to U.S. News & World Report's inaugural "Best College for Veterans" poll, Texas A&M ranks as one of the top five best universities in the nation for veterans.
Leverage your experience with a Texas A&M MBA
Your military experience combined with an MBA from Texas A&M University’s Mays Business School provides you with a competitive advantage, whether you are separating from the military or seeking accelerated advancement for your continuing career in the armed forces.
As a university and a community, Texas A&M is an excellent fit for military personnel wishing to pursue their MBA. Founded in 1876 as a military academy, Texas A&M has a proud, long-standing tradition of association with the military. Though no longer a military academy, Texas A&M still maintains one of the nation’s largest ROTC programs outside the service academies.
Our community, the twin cities of College Station and Bryan, Texas, is a military-friendly community with many veterans residing in the area.
If you’ve ever met another Aggie, you understand the loyalty and devotion our former students hold for their alma mater. That loyalty and devotion also translates into an invaluable alumni network that will serve you as a student in the MBA program and throughout your career.
A supportive environment
At the Full-Time MBA Program, we value the unique contributions veterans and those serving in the military bring to our program.
- No application fee: Mays Business School will pay the application fee for all current and former US Military members. Our application is available online.
- Letters of Recommendation: US Military applicants who are participating in a fully funded active duty graduate school program can use their most recent annual or job based evaluation signed by both their immediate and senior supervisors in lieu of recommendation letters.
- Scholarships available: All current and former military personnel receive full consideration for scholarships and graduate assistantship awards. The Full-Time MBA Program is widely known as a cost effective option for management education with reasonable tuition rates and strong scholarship support. Additionally, any scholarship from the MBA program grants the recipient resident tuition status, a savings of over $17,000.
- Funding for military: In addition to scholarships from the MBA program, veterans may also qualify for the following programs at Texas A&M University:
- Hazlewood Act - Texas residents who served in the armed forces may qualify for the Hazlewood Act, a benefit that pays the tuition and some fees for former military
- John and Betty Potthoff Endowed Scholarship in Business - A Mays Business School scholarship reserved for veterans or children of veterans
- Honored Service Scholarship – A Texas A&M scholarship program for armed services veterans with disabilities
- Other scholarships for veterans
- Results oriented: All MBA students receive highly personalized career services counseling from our Graduate Business Career Services (GBCS). Mays leads the nation with an exceptional placement rate each year. Jim Dixey, the director of GBCS, is himself a veteran of the Navy. Information on placement success at Mays can be found at the GBCS website.
- Military friendly: Every year, the Full-Time MBA Program proudly enrolls several veterans and active duty personnel. Texas A&M also has an active student organization for veterans, the Texas A&M Veterans Association.
The best way to learn more about Texas A&M is by experiencing it firsthand. Attending our Military Preview Weekend will offer qualified participants a detailed look at the Full-Time MBA Program at Mays Business School. More information about this weekend can be found here.
Let us serve you as you prepare for your future
We’re proud of your service to our country, and we’re ready to serve you as you pursue your educational goals. If you’re ready to apply, you can do so online. If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com or call our office at 1-866-MBA-TAMU.