Business Consulting Project
As part of the curriculum, all Full-Time MBA students complete a Business Consulting Project as a three-credit hour course in the fifth term. Working in teams, students apply knowledge and skills gained in the program to solve a real-world business problem for an actual client. The projects allow students to increase their work experience prior to graduation, expand their professional network, and enhance their long-term career possibilities.
Clients for the Business Consulting Project range from Fortune 500 companies to small start-ups and represent both non-profit and for-profit companies.
Examples of past consulting projects include:
- Developing the marketing plan for a new product
- Assessing the impact of environmental regulations on a business
- Identifying opportunities to increase customer retention and measure results
- Positioning the company’s brand in an emerging market
- Identifying opportunities to reduce costs by improving supply chain management
- Analyzing options for short and long-term incentive programs
- Evaluating the cost and risk mitigation of several hedging instruments
- Creating financial projections for entry into a new market segment